Becoming a Student after 18
Among the reasons you might wish take a course after school age are the following:
- You need IGCSEs at a specific grade to gain entrance to a higher level qualification - teaching or nursing for example.
- You’re thinking of a job change or have been offered promotion within your present organisation. In both instances additional IGCSEs or A-levels could make the change more possible and more likely.
- Self-improvement. More people are committed to life-long learning than ever before. They’re keen to keep up with the developing world around them. Perhaps you want to learn about a new culture, or gain a greater understanding of science and technology or of business.
- With home study or distance learning you can learn wherever and whenever you want. You can fit your study around your other commitments.
- As you progress through your home study course, you'll find your ability and confidence growing all the time.
- Home study is more demanding than, for example, sitting in a traditional class room. But you’ll be a more effective person when you’ve completed the course. Your time management and organisation skills will be enhanced; and you’ll have shown real commitment to improving your knowledge and skills, which will be widely recognised in your existing or future organisation.