Call free on:

0800 622 6599


+44 (0) 1865 988 307

Entering your child for their exams

At IGCSE level all of our courses lead to the Cambridge (CIE) exams. At A Level most courses lead to the Cambridge exams except for the three Sciences (Edexcel) .

If your child is to take IGCSE or A Level exams, you will need to apply directly to an exam centre for them to sit as an external (or private) candidate. We cannot do so on your behalf –  but we can help you through the process. See below.


How we can help

Before your child is enrolled, our Admissions team will send you lists of  exam centres in your country which have been verified by our Exams Officers.

We strongly advise contacting a centre early on.  Your child’s Student Progress Manager (SPM) will be pleased to advise.

See the following pages for further information on Guidance for External Candidates, IGCSE Exam Information, A Level Exam Information and A Level Science Practicals Information (UK only).


Finding an exam centre

In the UK the Cambridge (CIE) and Edexcel exam boards have centres throughout the country.

Outside the UK, the British Council is often the exam centre of choice. But in many countries there are schools which also offer exam facilities to private or non-school candidates.

Reports and certification

There are no end of course exams for our Key Stage 2 (Primary) or Key Stage 3 (Secondary) courses. But for Key Stage 3 we provide an internal end of course assessment and report in English, Maths and Science. This will show whether your child is ready to move on to studying at IGCSE Level.

If your child is sitting for IGCSE or A Level exams they will receive their results from the exam centre where they sat the exam. Later they will receive the formal results certificate directly from the examination centre also.

UK Examination Vouchers

Read more about Greene's Exams