Wolsey Hall is a registered online Cambridge International School.
Some reasons to choose homeschooling
What you need to know about our courses
- All our courses are conducted online and presented in modules. There is no set schedule, so students in Uganda are able to complete them at their own pace. There are no live lessons to attend, allowing for further flexibility.
- Textbooks are included in the fees to complement the online learning.
- In order for students to be assessed, they need to prepare an assignment at the end of each module and take quizzes to evaluate their understanding.
- Tutors will mark completed assignments and provide detailed and encouraging feedback, while the Student Progress Managers will monitor your child’s progress throughout the course.
- There is a wide network of support through Wolsey Hall, and families are able to email their Tutors if they need extra help or guidance.
Vuselelo is homeschooling in Uganda.
“I have been home educating with Wolsey Hall from around Year 8 and am now doing my A levels.
My parents chose Wolsey Hall because they wanted us to attend an accredited Cambridge online school because both of them did Cambridge O levels in Zimbabwe during their school years.
You won’t have to adhere to strict online schooling timetables as you create your own to suit you at Wolsey Hall. Disruptive events (like the pandemic) have barely affected my school life with the exception of exams.”
“Studied abroad? Homeschooled? In a non-English speaking country?!” They were worried and I was too. Would I even be able to compete with a normal student? Was I disadvantaged? Nervous and terribly apprehensive, I sat my exams.It was a miracle! Paper after paper completed, and with such ease that it amazed me. All of Wolsey’s resources had ensured that I was comfortable during my examination. I recently received my results and there are: A’s in Math, English Language, Geography, Chemistry, Physics, German, and an A* in English Literature.All I can say is thank you, God, and thank you, Wolsey Hall Oxford.
Sally Adhiambo Ombewa, IGCSE Homeschooling Student
We are a Kenyan family living in Ust-Kamenogorsk (Oskemen) in Kazakhstan. Being originally from Africa, this is all very new, especially since we had lived for four years in Rwanda. Both our children are entirely homeschooled as we could not find any schools in Kazakhstan that teach in English. We also needed an internationally-recognized curriculum. The most rewarding thing is that the children feel in charge of their own learning. I continuously reach out to members of Wolsey Hall staff when I am not sure of one thing or another. I find that they are near even if geographically far. We are happy to have found Wolsey Hall!
Serah Ombewa – Homeschooling Parent
I really love the way the Wolsey Hall Oxford homeschooling system works. It gives you spare time to focus on the things that are important to you. I really like that whenever we struggled with anything there was a lot of help available and the Tutors are very helpful.
Ame Pretorius – IGCSE Student
If you’re thinking of enrolling your child at Wolsey Hall Oxford and you’d like to know more about what we do or how to enrol, please just get in touch. We’re ready to enrol new students throughout the academic year.