Why do we use your personal information?
We use your information to:
- Give you the best educational experience.
- Provide extra learning support if you need it.
- Make sure we get paid for what we do.
- Learn how we can make our services better.
- Make our website better and more helpful.
- Tell you about our other services (only if you say it is okay).
- Keep everything running smoothly.
- Make sure our computer systems are safe.
- Keep records we need to have by law.
How do we get your information?
We get information about you when you:
- Visit our website.
- Call us.
- Send us an email or fill out a form on our website.
- Submit work on our learning platform.
- Sign up for our mailing list.
- Write a comment on our social media platforms.
- Answer the questions we ask you.
- Buy something from our website.
Why do you collect this information?
We ask for this information so we can:
- Contact you if you have signed up for one of our courses.
- Know who is logging in to our learning platform and which account they are trying to access.
Giving us your information means that you can:
- Create an online learning account.
- Enter our competitions.
- Join our virtual library.
- Sign up for our academic subscriptions.
- Sign up to our primary and secondary online clubs through the community websites.
You have the right to know what information we have about you, to change it if it is wrong, or to ask us to stop using it. If you want to do any of these things, just ask your parents or guardians to help you contact us.
You and your parents have the right to:
- Be told how we use your information.
- Ask to see the information we hold.
- Ask us to change information you think is wrong.
- Ask us to remove information when it is not needed anymore.
- Ask us to only use your information in certain ways.
- Tell us you do not want your information to be processed.
A request to see the information we hold is called a ‘subject access request’ but remember, it is your information so if you feel uncomfortable about anything that might be disclosed, you can contact the Data Officer at [email protected]