1. The Agreement and Definitions 1.1 We agree to sell, and you agree to buy the Course on the terms and conditions set out below. 1.2 “Course” means the course for which your child or you (as an adult learner) are enrolled including all related learning materials, support and tuition. 1.3 The “Period” of the Course is the time over which the course is provided. This depends on which course your child or you (as an adult learner) are enrolled and, if it is an examination course, the date you select for the examination. The maximum Period for Primary KS2 or Secondary KS3 courses is one year, and for IGCSE or A Level courses it is two years, subject to clause 7 below. There will be an extension fee of £60 for students wishing to continue a course beyond these Periods.
2. Fees and Payment 2.1 The fees shown include the cost of postage within, but not outside, the UK. Postal charges, which differ from country to country, will be quoted at the time of enrolment. 2.2 The fees shown do not include the cost of examinations. Examination fees are payable to your chosen exam centre. 2.3 All fees are refundable (less the cost of course books) if you email us within 30 days of enrolment that you wish the Course to be cancelled. After this time refunds will only be made in exceptional circumstances. 2.4 If paying by instalments, you agree (and are legally liable) to pay all instalments, unless you cancel the Course within 30 days of enrolment. 2.5 Instalment payments must be completed by 2 months before the relevant examination or course completion.
3. Services Provided During the period of your Course, we will provide your child or you (as an adult learner) with support and tuition as described here. Course assignments are designed for submission once only, and Tutors will not assess re-submitted assignments unless arrangements to do so have been agreed beforehand.
4. Parents’ Agreement Parents agree to support their children taking a course with Wolsey Hall including: • Going over with their child the enrolment information emailed by their Student Progress Manager; • Arranging the initial Skype calls with Tutors and being present throughout; • Agreeing a daily timetable to which their child can work and which will enable him/her to meet assignment submission dates; • Spending an appropriate amount of time discussing progress with their child. “Appropriate” will naturally vary with the child’s progress and learning ability; • Seeking help from their child’s Tutors or Student Progress Manager when needed; • For children enrolled for Primary (Key Stage 2) courses, that they will be with their child full time during their studies, except where the child is engaged in an activity that does not require parental support, such as watching a video, or answering an assignment or quiz.
5. Examinations and Results 5.1 If your child or you (as an adult learner) is sitting an external examination at the end of their Course, you will be responsible for making arrangements with a convenient exam centre for your child or you (as an adult learner) to sit for the examination, and for payment of the examination fees. We strongly advise you to make sure your child or you (as an adult learner) will have access to an exam centre before enrolling on a course. We cannot make exam arrangements for you but our Exams Officers will be pleased to advise you on how to proceed. 5.2 If your child or you (as an adult learner) are taking an examination course, you agree to advise us of the examination result.
6. Change of Course 6.1 If your child or you (as an adult learner) wish to transfer to a different Course at any stage, we will provide every assistance. 6.2 In this event we will transfer the fees paid towards the new course, less an amount relative to the stage your child or you (as an adult learner) have reached in the discontinued Course.
7. Deferring an Exam Course 7.1 Should your child or you (as an adult learner) wish to defer a Course to a later exam date than that for which you originally enrolled, you may arrange to do so by contacting your Student Progress Manager. There will be no charge for deferring within 3 months of enrolment, unless your child or you (as an adult learner) need to take a revised course and/or require different books. After 3 months there will be a deferral fee of £60 plus charges, if any, relating to a revised course and/or different books. Your Student Progress Manager will advise.
8. Further Tuition Free of Charge if Necessary Experience has shown that a student who completes all the set course assignments with reasonable grades will almost certainly pass his/her chosen exam(s). In the unlikely event of failure in these circumstances, Wolsey Hall will provide further tuition, without charge, until the next sitting of the relevant exam.
9. Warranties and Limitation of Liability 9.1 We warrant that our learning materials will be of good quality. 9.2 We warrant that we will provide your child or you (as an adult learner) with all services with reasonable skill and care. 9.3 We shall not be liable for injury to anyone or for any damage caused during practical science experiments performed at home or elsewhere. No harmful or toxic substances are required for any of the practical work, and parents are responsible for ensuring the safety of the environment in which their child is working. 9.4 We shall not be liable for: (a) losses that were unforeseeable by both parties when this Agreement was made; (b) losses that were not caused by any breach on our part. 9.5 Our liability for direct losses arising out of our negligence, breach of contract or any other cause of action in connection with this Agreement shall be limited to the total amount that you have paid for the Course. 9.6 Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all downloadable files are virus free, we cannot be held liable for systems problems due to viruses. We strongly recommend that you install all necessary virus protection software before your child commences their course, and keep it regularly updated.
10. Course Suspension Wolsey Hall reserves the right to suspend a student’s course for inappropriate behaviour or where it deems that continuation would no longer be in the student’s interest.
11. IT Browser requirements Our online learning platform works best with the latest versions of Chrome. It does not support Internet Explorer.
12. Copyright All course materials are Wolsey Hall copyright and supplied solely for the use of whoever is taking a course. By applying for a course, you agree that the course material will not be used for any other purposes.
Wolsey Hall Oxford Limited, 2018Apply Now