YOUR CHILD MAY START THEIR SECONDARY COURSES AT ANY TIME OF THE YEAR
Wolsey Hall has designed its Secondary (Key Stage 3) homeschooling courses (Years 7, 8 and 9 in the UK), to be taken in three parts, but over two years rather than three. We believe this suits the capabilities of most young people being homeschooled, wherever they are. It also enables them to start their IGCSEs a year earlier than the norm if you and they wish.
Those who prefer to take the courses over a longer period, of up to three years, are welcome to do so.
The courses are designed to be stimulating and fun, as well as academically rigorous. They are aimed at children aged 11 – 13, but may equally suit those who are younger or older. We believe that the stage your child has reached in their learning is more important than their age. So if your child is a Maths whiz, but their language skills are less developed, it might be right for them to study Year 9 for Maths, but Year 7 for English.
At Wolsey Hall our focus is on the individual needs of your child and helping them develop their potential.
• All the required course books;
• Our Guide to Successful Study with great ideas and tips;
• Access to our state of the art Online Learning system;
• A wealth of online resources;
• One to one Tutor support;
• 3 – 5 working day turnaround of your child’s assignments;
• A designated Progress Manager for contact by you and your child throughout the course;
• Access to our fully qualified Learning Support Manager.
Our Secondary courses take approximately 80 hours of study, (120 hours for English and Maths), plus the time needed for preparation of each assignment, for each of Years 7, 8 or 9.
This time could be longer or shorter than this depending on your child’s ability as a learner, their organisation skills, and the support they receive at home.
• Our Secondary (Key Stage 3) courses will fully prepare your child to move on to the IGCSE.
• At the end of their courses in English, Maths and Science, they’ll be tested on what they’ve learned.
• The tests will be assessed by Wolsey Hall Tutors who will provide a report on their performance.
• We hope that both parents and children will benefit from this extra feedback.
I compared several homeschooling providers and decided on Wolsey Hall Oxford because I felt confident about the help and care my daughter Aesyah would receive. The support we receive is excellent, and the tutors are very patient. I would recommend Wolsey Hall to parents who care, not only about grades, but about the study experience as a whole. Students receive the respect they deserve and they get the encouragement to move forward despite sometimes having difficulties.
• English National Curriculum core subjects are: English, Maths and Science. Other subjects taken at this stage would normally include Geography, History, Religious Education and a modern foreign language.
• Children may enrol at Wolsey Hall for any number or combination of subjects.
• Subjects offered by Wolsey Hall are: English, French, History, Geography, German, History, Maths, Religious Studies and Science.
• To determine subject options, families should consider which subjects they might want their children to study at IGCSE level.
• Wolsey Hall expects children will require approximately 120 hours for each year’s course in English and Maths, and 80 hours for other subjects, plus the time needed for preparation of each assignment. The hours will be more or less depending on your child’s ability as a learner.
• Wolsey Hall has designed each “year” of its Key Stage 3 courses to be taken over 8 months, and for a full KS3 course to be completed within 2 years. We believe that this suits the capabilities of most young people as well as enabling them to start their IGCSEs a year earlier than their peers. Children may take up to 12 months for each “year” of a KS3 course if you wish.